About Nautilus Terminal
Nautilus Terminal is a terminal embedded in Nautilus, the GNOME's file browser. It is always open in the current folder, and follows the navigation (the "cd" command is automatically executed when you move to an other folder).
Nautilus Terminal has a lot of functionalities:
- It always follows your navigation in your folders.
- It supports Copy/Paste (Ctrl+Shift+C / Ctrl+Shift+V).
- It supports drag & drop of files and folders.
- It can be hidden/shown when you want (with the F4 key).
- It is resizeable.
Compatibility with Nautilus:
- Nautilus Terminal 1.0 works with Nautilus 3.0 and 3.2
- Nautilus Terminal 0.7.1 and previous work only with Nautilus 2.2x and Nautilus 2.3x
Nautilus Terminal 1.0 is out! Monday, 17 October 2011
Nautilus Terminal 1.0 is the first version that works with Nautilus 3.x. It has been rewritten from scratch and uses the latest GNOME's library (GTK+ 3, GObject 3 and GObject Introspection,...). The following functionalities are currently implemented:
- Automatic "cd " command (it follows you in your folder),
- Support of copy / paste (Ctrl+Shift+C / Ctrl+Shift+V),
- Support of drag & drop of files and folders,
- Toggling the shown/hidden state (F4),
- Resizeable height.
There is also a basic configuration file "~/.nautilus-terminal" that can contain the following options:
[general] #The terminal height (lines) def_term_height=5 #The terminal default visibility in new windows? (1: Visible, 0: Hidden) def_visible=1 #The terminal position (1: Top, 0: Bottom) #NOTE: it's not recommended to put the terminal on the bottom term_on_top=1 [terminal] #The shell to use (Nautilus Terminal use the user's defined shell by default) shell=/bin/bash
WARNING: There is no indentation, no quotes for string values, and boolean are represented with 0 (false) and 1 (true).
- Download page:
- Ubuntu Oneiric package (PPA):
- ppa:flozz/flozz > nautilus-terminal
- Release notes and changelog:
Nautilus Terminal 0.7.1 is out, I'm now working on the version 1.0 Sunday, 21 August 2011
Today there is two news in one. :)
First, Nautilus Terminal 0.7.1 is out, it is a minor version (just some new translations, and a minor bug fixed), and it will probably be the last version compatible with Nautilus 2.x.
Secondly, I'm now working on the next version of Nautilus Terminal (1.0). This version will benefit of a full rewrote of the code, will have less limitations than the previous version, and will be compatible with Nautilus 3.x.
See you soon with the version 1.0!
NE Terminal Config 1.0 is out ! Tuesday, 12 October 2010
NE Terminal Config is a configuration GUI for the terminal embedded in Nautilus Elementary (not for Nautilus Terminal itself).
You can download the source code here:
Or install it form my PPA or form the Nautilus Elementary PPA:
Nautilus Terminal 0.7 released ! Thursday, 23 September 2010
Now the terminal is resizable with the mouse instead of the two buttons on the right. This version also fixes some bugs (like the "terminal on desktop") and add the Turkish translation.
Nautilus Terminal 0.6 released ! Monday, 20 September 2010
Nautilus Terminal 0.6 add an optional scrollbar and is enabled for network locations (but with the path set on the home folder). The install script now check the dependencies and there is new languages available: Latvian and Spanish.
- An optional scrollbar added
- Nautilus Terminal is now enabled for non-local folders (but with the path set on the home folder).
- The install script now check the dependencies
- The "terminal on desktop" bug is fixed (lp:642222)
- Two new languages: Latvian and Spanish
- Other languages updated